Tuesday, June 21, 2011

... first splatter attempt ...

I first saw a splatter mani here at The PolishAholic and really really wanted to try it out. So here is my first ever attempt at it! It's good ol' Face of Australia Titanium over Mode Party Girl which I reviewed in my last post.

It was definitely a lot easier than I thought it would be. Dip straw in polish, blow through other end of straw, sit back and look at pretty designs! Easy!


I'm quite pleased with how the middle and pinky fingers turned out but it's obvious I need some more practice! Some places are just huge blotches where the polish just fell off the straw in big clumps.

My husband seems to think that it looks like bird droppings all over my hands - charming! :( I'm quite pleased with it though and I'm going to give it another bash later!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, love it! Looks fantastic & love the colours. Looking at my plain nails now & feeling inspired to paint mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this and the polish wouldn't splatter off the straw! Did you use a smaller straw or a regular drinking straw?

    Oh, and these do not look like bird droppings! Those colors look soo nice together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just one of the kids drinking straws ... but I might need to investigate different sized straws :D I'll photo or film it all next time with the steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I tried this but it didn't look pretty hehe I had a hard time getting polish int he straw : /

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this! I didn't want to try the splatter before, but now I totally do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews