Wednesday, June 29, 2011

... Inglot O2M Breathable 627 ...

Inglot O2M Breathable 627
Brought from Inglot Cosmetics - $21.00 AUD


The correct title for this post should be "the most expensive polish I've ever brought so far". I'm quickly learning that depending on where you live in the world there is a different opinion on what expensive polish is. While there cheaper polishes in Australia majority of the bigger brands are expensive - OPI is around $20 here, Revlon is around $15. I definitely didn't walk into that store expecting to buy this at all - I just got sucked in to the hype.

This polish is from their O2M Breathable range ... which supposedly according to the sales chick is supposed to make it last longer and chip free and be better for my nails? I'll believe it when I see it!

Now on the whole - it's a pretty brown colour with shimmer through it but ... it's rather sheer. I needed 3 coats to totally cover my nails but on the plus side it's not streaky and dries quickly.

I decided to put this to what I consider the Ultimate Test ... I go swimming at the local public pool once a week and it's hell on my nails! I'm yet to have any polish survive an hour in the toxic chlorine wastepool since I started this blog. It's hard not to put your hands in the water while swimming laps and generally I end up leaving nail polish behind when I go [which I'm sure is disgusting for the next person]

Here is a pretty swatch taken 24 hours before I went to the swimming pool [Note the only top coat I've used is Sally Hansen Insta-Dry]

[excuse the unsightly skin around my middle finger - I've caught it at some stage *sad]

And here is the after picture. To be honest I'm quite impressed - only one finger suffered a slight chip which was the middle on my right hand on the tip. Generally every finger ends up with some damage and half my manicure left behind.

I'm going to come back and review this one on longevity at some stage as I know some people like their polish to last the entire working week - I just need to wait for some pool free time to be able to test this properly.

** Final Verdict **
This polish is easy to wear, easy to apply and easy on the eyes ... too bad it's not easy on the bank balance. I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on the "breathable" part but I will come back to this polish as I really want to see how many days I can make it last before making a final call on it.

1 comment:

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews